Marriage License Information
Requirements for a Marriage License:
- If either applicant is not of legal age (19), a notorized consent form must be signed by the applicant's father, mother, legal guardian or custodian, giving consent to the marriage of the minor. If the individual giving consent is a legal guardian or custodian, appropriate paperwork must be presented showing the relationship to the Minor. If either applicant is under 17 years of age, a license cannot be issued in the State of Nebraska.
- Presenting photo identification is required. A drivers license from any of the 50 states, a Nebraska ID card, a US Passport, a US Military card or a Foreign Passport are acceptable forms of photo identification. Proof of citizenship or immigration status is neither relevant or required.
- Need to know birthplace of Groom/Party A and Bride/Party B.
- Need full names and birthplace of both parents.
- If a social security number has been issued to the applicants, we will need that information. The issuance of a social security number to either applicant is not required to obtain a Marriage License. Applicants who do not have a social security number must complete a form provided by the Clerk asserting they do not have a social security number.
- If either applicant had a previous marriage, we will need to know the date the marriage ended. Applicants can not apply for a marriage license until 6 months and 1 day from the date the marriage ended.
- The Marriage License is good for one year from the date of issuance and can be used in any County in Nebraska.
- All marriage licenses obtained in Nebraska are public record.
The fee for a Marriage License is $25.00, CASH ONLY.
Marriage License Worksheet - Marriage License Worksheet.pdf
To receive a copy or a certified copy of a Sherman County Marriage License you will need the following information:
$1.00 for a copy
$9.00 for a certified copy
Name of Groom/Party A & Bride/Party B (including maiden name)
Date of marriage
Must be issued from Sherman County to receive a copy
Sherman County Clerk
PO Box 456
Loup City, NE 68853